text from webdesignwall :
Benefits of Placing a Sitemap in the Footer
- Engage user click and visit duration:
As you may know, online readers don’t read everything on the page, they scroll and scan. Footer is probably the last place they look at before exiting. Placing a sitemap in the footer may attract readers’ attention and increase page clicks and views.
- Make sure your visitors are not missing out:
Sometimes your visitors might be too lazy to click on the sitemap link or miss it all together, having a sitemap in the footer can ensure your visitors are aware of every page.
- Use your footer to promote links:
You don’t really have to use the footer to list out everything, you can use it as an alternative location to promote important pages.
- Save readers’ time:
Having a sitemap in the footer allows users to quickly jump from page to page.
- You save the visitors a click:
By placing the sitemap in the footer rather than a separate page, you save the visitors a click.
- Enhance layout design:
Don’t know what to put in the footer? Perhaps a sitemap can fill up the page and make your site look bigger.
Tips For Designing Footer Sitemap
- Categorize – organize your links in categories.
- Use Headings – use headings or titles for each category.
- Be Consistent – the order of the links should be consistent